cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Fast Dials Error: -7ffbffaf: User was unable to be validated. (81)

gooch_scott
Level 1
Level 1

When Services - Fast Dials is selected on Cisco IP Phone 7940 the following message appears. This happens on all phones in the system.

Personal Fast Dials Error: -7ffbffaf: User was unable to be validated. (81)

I tried removing the service and then re-adding it from CM but error still exists.

Users are unable to access their fast dials...

5 Replies 5

marinaibm
Level 4
Level 4

Did you enter correct UserID and PIN for each user when subscribed to the service? Do you have the same problem with Personal Address Book?

Thanks for your reply.

Where to I find the PIN number for each user? I am new at this AVVID stuff and am not very familiar with CM yet.

Hi Scott,

When you add Personal address Book/Personal Fast Dial services in Feature > Cisco IP Phone Services, you have to add 3 parameters : UserID , UserPIN and PreDial (an optional outside access code). When you subscribe your user to this service from the callmanager admin or they subsribe to it from the IP Phone user options menu , these 3 parameters need to be added in order to successfuly authenticate the user. The PIN number is the same number you assigned in the user configuration page (users can change it on their own from the user options menu, so every time they change the PIN , it needs to be changed in the Personal Directory setting too).

The follwoing link describes it in details , so i would recommend to doublecheck your configuration first and let us know if you still have the same problem or any questions.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00800c4c7b.html

Marina

f-castelino
Level 1
Level 1

What directory is in use - Microsoft AD/Netscape or DC Directory?

I have noticed this problem when Microsoft AD is used, not with DC Directory. Don't have a solution for the problem with AD yet...

shimebaugh
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if it applies in your case but I got this message when the user was not a member of the domain that the CCM belonged to. Any domain user worked fine. Non-domain user got this message about being unable to validate.