Views
Helpful
Replies

personal prefence for CFNC not working

NAVIN PARWAL
Level 2
Level 2

Folks,

I have a hunt group and i have choosen to use personal preference, for some reason after the timeout the phone does not forward the call to the phone settings under call forward no coverage

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't belive the coverage is applicable to phone devices, based on Cisco documentation the covarage only applies to CTI Route Points. I am not sure why they added the fileds under the Directory Line configuration of the phones.

I know it works fine for the CTI RPs.

Here is extract from CCM Administration Guide:

"This field applies only to CTI route points and CTI ports. The settings in this row specify the forwarding treatment for internal calls to this CTI route point or CTI port if the CTI route point or CTI port has no coverage. Specify the following values:

•Voice Mail—Check this check box to use settings in the Voice Mail Profile Configuration window.

Note When this check box is checked, Cisco CallManager ignores the settings in the Coverage/Destination box and Calling Search Space. When this check box is checked for internal calls, the system automatically checks the Voice Mail check box for external calls. If you do not want external calls to forward to the voice-messaging system, you must uncheck the Voice Mail check box for external calls.

•Coverage/Destination—This setting specifies the directory number to which an internal nonconnected call is forwarded when an application that controls that directory number fails. Use any dialable phone number, including an outside destination.

Note When you enter a coverage/destination value for internal calls, the system automatically copies this value to the Coverage/Destination field for external calls. If you want external calls to forward to a different destination, you must enter a different value in the Coverage/Destination field for external calls.

•Calling Search Space—This setting applies to all devices that are using this directory number.

Note When you choose a Calling Search Space for internal calls, the system automatically copies this setting to the Calling Search Space setting for external calls. If you want external calls to forward to a different calling search space, choose a different setting in the Calling Search Space for external calls."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803ed74c.html#wp1019860

Please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Chris,

can you give me a real world example to why would cisco introduce this feature under CTI route points?

What is cisco doing about the situation where the a cluster is accross a WAN and the WAN goes down, will the IP phones be able to reach other IP phones accross the WAN through the PSTN using this feature?

Thanks

A real world example is an IPCC application.

A CTI RP points to IPCC, for backup you have a line group that lists all the phones of the agents.

Under the CTI RP under Failure tou enter the hunt pilot number, and under call coverage you check VM, on the hunt pilot Hunt Forward Setting you check the Forward option to use personal prefernce. This way if IPCC application is down, the calls get redirected to the line group, if no one from the line group is available to take the call it is redirected to the VM (because of the checkbox and call coverage set to VM).

As to your second question, if WAN goes down then hopefully you have SRST on your local router for the phones to register with. This feature would not take care of re-routing the calls via PSTN. You will have to dial the e164 number of the phone via PSTN.

Chris

second question mentioned about a cluster spread accross the wan, that means that you might have a subsciber at every site, so if the wan goes down, phones would still be registered to the sub, but no 4 digit dialing between the cluster servers?

anything cisco is doing to overcome this limitation when phones can not call 4 digit dialing within a cluster. i thought that is why call coverage was intrduced so that phones to dial 11 digits if the phone was not registered to the call manager.