cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PG to interface with a Definity ECS and CMS server

aattarenzio
Level 1
Level 1

hello there, and thanks in advance for your answers.

We are configuring a new PG to interface with a Definity ECS and CMS server. The CMS server requires some software to be installed. The documentation states that this software is normally supplied and installed by Avaya, but having spoken with someone from Avaya they claim this is not

the case (or else they would be supporting their competitor's product). I need to know how to source this software and how to install it. The following are the relevant extracts from the Cisco documentation:

If CMS is used, the PG requires a Cisco ICM real-time adherence (RTA) custom report. This report is developed and provided by Avaya for the ICM system.

Call Management System (CMS) The Avaya CMS provides snapshots of the real-time agent login/logout and non-ACD related agent state data to the PG via the CMS Ethernet connection. In configurations that use CMS, a custom report is required to ensure that real-time call and agent data is available to the ICM software.

CMS Report Versions Avaya has ICM real-time adherence (RTA) custom reports in EAS, EAS-PHD, and non-EAS versions. The Avaya CMS

Professional Services Group installs the proper ICM custom report (EAS, EAS-PHD, or non-EAS) on the CMS. To support EAS-PHD, the custom report must have a major revision of at least 3 (e.g., 3.x.x).

Many thanks.

8 Replies 8

taylo345
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The CMS requires one real-time custom report written for ICM for each ACD supported by the PG, this is installed on the CMS by Avaya professional services. I've installed ICM on several customer using CMS and never had an issue with Avaya writing the customer report, the ACD supplement gives guide lines how to do it, but basically the report provides agent state and skill mapping information. I'd suggest you supply professional services with the ACD supplement and highlight section 2.9.

The reports I have seen are normal called RTA_Geo which I assume stands for Real Time Agent Geotel

cheers

Paul

Additionally, Cisco supports a CMS-less option where only the MAP/D connection is used. PSO will charge several thousand $USD for the CMS report, but you may not need it. Last I heard, if you have less than 1,000 agents, you can run your PG without the CMS interface. See the engineering document:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/icm/acdsup/defacd.pdf

section 1.1.4 address this issue specifically. Good luck!

RR

They may also ask you for the Price Element Code (PEC) code for the Avaya Professional Services report. Depending on your configuration, it may be PEC 0424-PSD. It may not be the exact one for your configuration, but it will hopefully point you and your Avaya rep in the right direction.

Not applicable

I agree with Rick Reeder from Dell Computers. There are 2 things to keep in mind here if you run in a CMS enabled environment. First, anytime you perform a CMS backup, it will show the peripheral offline to the ICM and based on your routing logic, will not send calls to that particular call center. Secondly, you will have to go into CMS everytime a backup is performed, via the Emulator or whatever means, stop the ICM service, wait for about 2 minutes and start again so that the ICM sees the peripheral on line again and continues routing calls to that center. We at Allstate Insurance run in a CMS-Less environment and it makes things much easier.

bal24@allstate.com

What version of ICM are you on? We have a variety of different levels of PG (2.5, 4.1, 4.1.5) and we often do not have to stop and start the services after a CMS backup is performed. Usually the PG will come back to life on its own.

Also, how have you found the CMS-less environment? We tried and it and ran into numerous problems in terms of the reporting that was available, especially in an EAS environment. Can you talk about what versions of CMS you have and how you've handled thins like agent reporting at the center?

We are at 4.6.1

We thought about the CMS-less env but this is highly undesirable as it requires the configuration of all agents in ICM and there are around 500 agents. Aside from this, it is inconsistent with the setup at other sites which use the CMS.

In fact the link with CMS is not working yet because of the missing SoftWare. So not much to talk about in this case. Sorry.

aattarenzio
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot for your replyes ! I'll chace Avaya's guys for that SW.

Many thanks once again !

Also depends on whether you go into single user mode to perform a CMS back-up (with Version 6 there is no other choice). If you are in multi-user mode, there should be no disruption. We use ICM 4.1.5