Helpful
Replies

Phone can do only outbound call

virendra pathak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello team,

Good Afternoon.

i got request for a phone where i need to block incoming call, only need to active outbound call so please assist me in best way to do it.

The prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Regards

Viru

8 Replies 8

Georgios Fotiadis
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can place the DN of the requested phone to a new (unused) partition. That way, no one will have access to the DN (since that partition will not be present in any Calling Search Space) and the user will be able to place outgoing calls, according to the phones CSS.

Georgios
Please rate if you find this helpful.

Hello, let me try this. Will let you know tomorrow.

Regards

Viru

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What are you using as a call agent ? Where do you want to block it ? GW or CUCM ? A bit more information would be helpful.

Hello Nipun,
I have extension 4201 and this ext can make a outbound call, but can not receive incoming call, this is only for 4201, other can make and receive both.
Regards
Viru

What call agent is it ? CUCM/CME/3rd party ?

Hello Nipun,

Thanks for your prompt response and call agent is CUCM.

Regards

viru

Hi there

Create a PT - PT_Unused and configure for the phone. Make sure you don't associate this PT with any other Calling Search Spaces. Configure the same phone CSS with the privilege CSS you want. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

What is the ingress for calls on CUCM ? SIP trunk/H.323 GW etc ?
Create a dummy partition and assign it to extension 4201. Ensure that the incoming CSS on SIP trunk/H.323 GW do not contain this partition. However, you need to ensure that the CSS for your internal IP Phones should have this partition to allow on-net calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: