cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prevent Unity loops when using call handlers

pkallstrom
Level 1
Level 1

How to prevent Unity loops using call handlers so Unity will not send calls to extensions that are CFA to Unity.

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What's your scenario (nothing theoretical)? Unity automatically drops certain calls when it sees it's own extension numbers being forwarded...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Ok if I have ext 1000 with a callhandler that transfer the call to 1001

I have also ext 1001 with a callhandler that tranfer calls to 1000

When both have CFA to VM there is a loop. If I then call 1000 from let say 2000 I just will be transfered in a loop between the 2 callhandlers

Unity will drop the call as it sees the last forwarding number is one of it's own VM port numbers.

In UTIM do you have the numbers defined on the ports?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

In Unity Integration av have defined the number on the ports. When I have CFA on both ext to the voicemail I have a loop. So the Unity doesn´t see there is a loop.

By default forwarded calls will bypass the subscriber/call handler transfer rule and only play the greeting. This is generally how such loops are avoided. Sounds like you've intentionally configured these call handlers (or added routing rules) to perform this looping action. As you've noted however, Unity will to see this as a loop. Instead it sees each iteration as a new incoming call with no relation to any previous call. I'm not sure what you're hoping can be done further.

You might try checking what calling number shows up in the call viewer on such looping calls. If the calls are fowarded immediately (not CFNA) then the calling number after a transfer might show up as the DN of the transfering Unity port. In this case, you might be add a new routing rule that triggers off this and sends the call to the greeting of some other call handler.

Another option might be to use supervised transfers with call screening enabled. The port that answers the looped transfer will not 'accept' the call and so the transfer will be recalled.

Finally, I'm guessing you've done this to implement some form of poorman's find me - follow me feature. You might be much better served with the rules-based routing features of Personal Assisant.

-Eric

You wrote "By default forwarded calls will bypass the subscriber/call handler transfer rule and only play the greeting. "

It seams that I have missunderstand something about Unity. What I´m trying to do is to configure Unity to prevent loops. In my lab I have tried different solutions. How do I test that I have prevented loops ? I have done two callhandlers that tranfser between two ext. to see if I was sucessfull preventing the loops. Whatever I do I still have the loop.

Can you please sort things out for mee, how to do and how to test.