cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Publisher hardware failure, can the sub take over for the pub?

Ryan Schaefer
Level 1
Level 1

CM 5.1.1.3124-1

Publisher exprienced a hardware failure due to a power interruption. Can the Subscriber take the Publisher role? Currently unable to send or receive outside calls only local calling is working. I am trying to get calling to work while we wait for the replacement hardware.

Thanks,

Ryan

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I haven't worked with MGCP for a long time, so maybe just shooting in the dark here...

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.82.20.10 -- should this be the sub ip? ccm-manager config server 10.82.20.10 -- this is the tftp server right?

View solution in original post

You might try resetting the gateway in cucm.  As long as your mgcp bind interface is reachable by the sub which it appears to be based on the above output, you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

You can carry on without the pub. What protocol are you using for your gateway(s)?

We are using SCCP.

If phones are still registered (which they are if station to station calls work), but inbound/outbound pstn calls are not working then it points to the cucm <-> gateway.  Does the gateway cucm group include the sub(s) or just the pub?

Is this information found in CM Administration under System > Cisco Unified CallManager Group? I am sorry I don't know the answer for sure. There is the default group that has the Sub (6 devices). There is a second group that has neither (387 devices)?

The symtom you described is exactly what we are experiencing calling phone to phone work but not CM-Gateway.

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Yes - that's the menu path. A little under that is the device pool menu. Make sure that the device pool assigned to the phones as well as the gateway(s) includes a cucm group with at least one server running the call manager service.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Also it would be helpful if you could post the relevant portion of your gateway configs.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

OK, I confirmed that both the CM servers are in the same device pool as the VG-224s and the phones.

Here is a link to a text file of the config for the VG-224:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17616374/10%2082%20200%202%20show%20tech%20121812.txt

Thanks for all your help with this!

In this portion should the redundant-host be set to 10.82.20.11 (Sub)? The 10.82.20.10 (Pub) server is the one that is currently off-line.

VG-224 config:

ccm-manager fallback-mgcp

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.82.20.10

ccm-manager mgcp

no ccm-manager fax protocol cisco

ccm-manager music-on-hold

ccm-manager config server 10.82.20.10 

ccm-manager config

ccm-manager config dialpeer-prefix

I haven't worked with MGCP for a long time, so maybe just shooting in the dark here...

ccm-manager redundant-host 10.82.20.10 -- should this be the sub ip? ccm-manager config server 10.82.20.10 -- this is the tftp server right?

OK, I have made the change to the redundant server, but outside calls are still not going through. The Sub took the place of the primary CM. Are there services on the Sub that need to be started for it to act as a Pub?

VHS-TCM-VG224-0#sho ccm-manager

MGCP Domain Name: VHS-TCM-VG224-0.virginia.k12.mn.us

Priority        Status                   Host

============================================================

Primary         Registered               10.82.20.11

First Backup    Duplicate of Primary     10.82.20.11

Second Backup   None

Current active Call Manager:    10.82.20.11

Backhaul/Redundant link port:   2428

Failover Interval:              30 seconds

Keepalive Interval:             15 seconds

Last keepalive sent:            19:32:18 UTC Apr 30 2002 (elapsed time: 00:00:09)

Last MGCP traffic time:         19:32:18 UTC Apr 30 2002 (elapsed time: 00:00:09)

Last failover time:             None

Last switchback time:           None

Switchback mode:                Graceful

MGCP Fallback mode:             Enabled/OFF

Last MGCP Fallback start time:  20:13:59 UTC Apr 29 2002

Last MGCP Fallback end time:    20:20:42 UTC Apr 29 2002

MGCP Download Tones:            Disabled

Configuration Auto-Download Information

=======================================

Current version-id: 1186493610-88e1cc4a-165c-4257-b906-3aa1569bb1c3

Last config-downloaded:00:00:00

Current state: Downloading XML file

Configuration Download statistics:

Download Attempted             : 3

Download Successful          : 3

Download Failed              : 0

Configuration Attempted        : 1

Configuration Successful     : 1

Configuration Failed(Parsing): 0

Configuration Failed(config) : 0

Last config download command: New Registration

FAX mode: disable

Configuration Error History:

You might try resetting the gateway in cucm.  As long as your mgcp bind interface is reachable by the sub which it appears to be based on the above output, you should be good to go.

Will,

Thanks for all your help with this matter. It worked great!

No worries.  Glad I could help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: