cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"Webex Edge Connect" without AS number

nagrajesz
Level 1
Level 1

I understand from 'Webex Edge Connect' requirement documentation that customer should have a AS number to build BGP peering with Cisco edge routers.

If a company doesn't have public AS #, is there any work around?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

nagrajesz
Level 1
Level 1
if company has public IPs from their ISP, is applying for an ASN better ?

To be honest I don't like being tied to any ISP.  If it was me I would apply for whatever public IP address space you can get and also your own AS number.  If you already have IPs from the ISP just get your own AS number and work with your current ISP to get it integrated.  Every carrier is different on how they handle that stuff.  So its hard to tell you exactly what you need to do.

Gear Misner
HyeTech Network & Security, LLC
@collabcowboy

Thanks gearbox, I have the same feeling after reading through some stuff online. Actually this is for a customer. Will discuss with their network team & see how to take if forward.

cheers

gearbox
Level 1
Level 1

You have to use both public IPs and have a public AS number to make Webex Edge Connect work.  That way if there is an outage BGP will move routes.  You can message me on the side if you wish.  We have lots of experience with this and can help you through the config and getting and AS number.

Gear Misner
HyeTech Network & Security, LLC
@collabcowboy