cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

redirecting calls

aldogu
Level 1
Level 1

I need to associate a list os possible destinations to a directory number so that when a user dials to that number, the system should try to transfer the call to the first possible destination and in case of busy signal, or no answer after n seconds, it should try with the following possible destination and so on. Destination numbers may be internal DNs or external numbers

<svr_number> -> <dn_1> or <dn_2> or ...

I am trying to configure this with a CRS script, using the call redirect step, but once the call is ringing in a possible destination, a can not verify no answer events to try with other destinations. I have also try the place call step, which controls the no answer timeout, but once the call becomes up, I can not merge the original call with the new one.

Any idea about how to program this service?

Thanks,

Alberto Domarco.

2 Replies 2

yogeswar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Busy branch of Call Redirect:

The Redirect will be successful if the Call Manager allows it, not necessarily if it makes it all the way to the desired end point. Call is redirected to the PSTN to a busy number and still the caller gets out but hears the busy.

CRS will respond based on the info it gets from Jtapi. If it gets platform exception, it can detect busy. If it doesn't, it can't.

Check out the following DDTS- CSCea89757 and CSCeb62138.

Regards

Yogi

Hi,

The problem is more with the No-answer than with the Busy. When the destination phone does not answer after n seconds (ie.30), I can not try to redirect the call to another phone number (like in a hunt group).

The placeCall step has a NoAnswer-timeout that would be perfect, but if I use this step to call, I can not transfer this new call to the original one.

Regards,

Alberto Domarco.