cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Removing 2nd line Ring Type Options

d.kettler
Level 1
Level 1

I have already edited the Ringlist.xml to reduce the number of options for line one. I also edited the DistinctiveRingList.xml to only show the first two options but after resetting the phones the first line shows the two options but the second line still shows all 7 options? Is there another file I need to edit?

Thanks

Dave

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

I tested this and it is working fine. I changed the DistinctiveRingList.xml file and I see the changes in all the lines.

On the phone, when you select Settings > Ring Type, the first entry is the Default Ring and the values over here are taken from the Ringlist.xml file.

The second entry corresponds to line 1 and the third for line 2 and so on. For the lines, the values are taken from the DistinctiveRingList.xml file.

Try bouncing the TFTP service, just to make sure it is not giving the DistinctiveRingList.xml file from a previous cache in memory.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

I tested this and it is working fine. I changed the DistinctiveRingList.xml file and I see the changes in all the lines.

On the phone, when you select Settings > Ring Type, the first entry is the Default Ring and the values over here are taken from the Ringlist.xml file.

The second entry corresponds to line 1 and the third for line 2 and so on. For the lines, the values are taken from the DistinctiveRingList.xml file.

Try bouncing the TFTP service, just to make sure it is not giving the DistinctiveRingList.xml file from a previous cache in memory.

Thanks, rebooting the TFTP server did the trick

Dave