file; but even after a system reboot, this does not

take.

Ideas?

--- Thanks ---

6 Replies 6

fn3247
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like you are close. Also make sure you are in fact modifying the same file that your phones are pointing at. I've chased down problems resulting from multiple copies of the .asp file before.

The line beginning with the // is (I believe) just a jscript comment line, looks like this is left over from an older version of the script. If you look a few lines down you should see a Corporate Directory on it's own. That is where you need to make the change.

It can also be enlightening by opening the same link in your web browser that the phones point at to make sure you see the proper xml response there as well.

Good luck.

What I found to be a working solution with a CCM 4.1

system is to change the following information in the

.\CiscoWebs\IPPhoneServices\CCMCIP\xmldirectory.asp

file:

<% = outputString( dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory, "dictionary.lblCorporateDirectory" ) %>

<% = getBaseURL() %>xmldirectoryinput.asp

to

District Directory

<% = getBaseURL() %>xmldirectoryinput.asp

Seems to work immediately. . .

--- ----- ---

As fn3247@sbc.com noted, changing the commented out line will not affect what is displayed.

Try looking in the CCMCIP/locales/ folder (where is the configured language, such as english_united_states) for the ccmdictionary.asp file. Look midway through the file to the Main Directory Menu section, and you can change the prompt and corp dir name from "Corporate Directory" to something else. You may also want/need to change the ccmipdictionary.xml file as well and change the phrase 301 from corporate directory to something else too.

The xmldirectory.asp is doing a dictionary lookup based on the phone's locale to find the heading names.

Excellent point... modifying the xmldirectory file directly, though it gets the job done, is something of a hack.. changing the dictionary definitions is a better solution.

Also beware that these files occasionally get overwritten during upgrades, so make backups.

rlaplante
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same request to change it to "Firm Directory" I see though that you have not been answered for some time. That's disappointing.

I am not sure why you are disappointed - the question was answered (modify the dictionary used by the directory ASP web page on the CallManager, changing the entry from "Corporate Directory" to "Firm Directory", for example).

Does that solution not work for you for some reason, or is there another aspect of this issue that remains outstanding?