cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ring two phones simultaneously

d-bullard
Level 1
Level 1

I have a call mananger 322c, a Unity voicemail, and an Avaya G3 switch. The call manager is going to be at a DR site connected to the avaya across a ds3 link. What I need to happen is when someone calls the Avaya it will ring the Avaya digital phone and the Cisco ip phone at the same time. Any ideas?

Dave

5 Replies 5

cory-gray
Level 1
Level 1

I have been working on a similar solution. Try this link and see if it helps you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1653/products_feature_guide09186a008007fd96.html

Just to give you a further run down. I am the AVAYA/CISCO person helping mr Bullard on this project.. Here is whats going on in further detail. We have the CCM and the Definity networked via H.323 trunks. 4 digit dialing is working correctly. What they want to happen is when someone calls an AVAYA DCP handset to have it automatically ring the CCM phone. So far there has been little that we can do to make this happen. I have setup a remote coverage path to ring the phone. The solution works half way, but the only issue is that when the Definity covers to the CCM phone it stops "audibly" ringing the AVAYA DCP handset, but physically its still displaying the call on the screen.. We haven't found a solution yet, and I don't believe its possible to do this with the Definity system (and know its not possible to do anything like this with CCM) because it has to treat it as a network call, and doesn't have the capability to have direct control of it due to (lack of) PBX networking protocol limitations.. I'm curious as to if mabye CCM 3.3 will fix this, since QSIG will now be support by Callmanager..

Thanks

Chris Evans

Exp@nets of Ohio

Chris,

I contacted Avaya Network Integration Center (just had a dig a little like I thought). They informed me we could use the EC500 software on the G3 to obtain the dual ringing response. I guess EC500 was developed to simultaneously ring a G3 handset and a user's cell phone. Instead of cell phone in our case, the G3 would ring the Cisco IP phone.

bbuck

I do not know if the ec500 software that your are talking about cost money or if you allready have it installed on your avaya. what I have been doing for cases like this is to create the extension in the avaya pbx as an X extension. I set the coverage path the send it to the cisco system. I then bridge the X port extension on to any avaya phone and turn on bridge appearance alerting.

hope this helps

In response to your last question, QSIG support in CallManager 3.3 will not address the issue.

This is something that would have to be handled on the Avaya side since that is where the call is actually being routed. If they want an IP phone on our side to act like a "shared line" with the DCP handset then they would need to extend that call to us.