cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern

JOEL ANDERSEN
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to create a SINGLE Route Pattern that will cover 800,844,855,866, 877, and 888 without using a route filter?

9.18[0,4-8][0,4-8]XXXXXXX will still match more than the above area codes. Anway, just curious.

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your Route pattern is correct, but like you said it will match other area codes as well such as Chicago's 847. You are better off with route filters or translation patterns (translate all toll-free area codes into 800, and have only 9.1800xxxxxxx route pattern.

Chris

pcresswell
Level 1
Level 1

Good point, a regex type route pattern would simplify things. e.g.

91(800|866|877|888)([0-9]){7}

Might be worth a feature request...

True regex would have problems with the "."'s though.

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

I have to agree I have used Route filters many times If you build a filter with a 800,866,877,888 and apply it to a route list and pattern this works great.

what is a regex route pattern???

Regex (Regular Expression) is a string matching format used by many programming languages. It is not currently a way of writing a route pattern.

I just suggested it as perhaps a simpler way to write patterns where you would normally have to use filters.

The whole regular expression "protocol" or syntax is not really relevant, but it does have the ability to use OR operators etc.

http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/regex/

Just a thought....