cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Patterns - Restricted Phones

cbuckingham
Level 1
Level 1

OK - Site has 100 + phones... Request for 10 phones to be "restricted" and block LD charges from these phones....but still need to be able to call other phones on site and toll-free calls.

I thought I could do the following:

Setup Restricted and Unrestricted Partitions

Setup Restricted and Unrestricted CSS

Assign both Partitions to each CSS

Setup Route Patterns that look like:

9.1XXXXXXXXXX - Unrestricted Partition- LD Direct

9.18XXXXXXXXX - Restricted Partition - Toll Free

9.xxxxxxx - both partitions - Local Calls

9.911 - both partitions - local calls

9.0@ - Restricted Partition - Operator Collect Calls

So I changed the phones required to the RESTRICTED partition and CSS, but they can still make LD direct calls.

Is this because they are permitted to call the Unrestricted CSS?

I thought that was just for calling intra-site stations, not PSTN outbound calls.

2 Replies 2

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

Calling Search Spaces allow a phone to call any pattern in any of the partitions contained in that calling search space, whether on-net or off-net.

The partition the phone is in has nothing to do with what calls they can make, but with who can call them.

Case in point, a phone can be in a partition which is not list in the calling search space assigned to it and thus, a phone can not call itself! OK - not a likely scenario, but you get the picture.

Reading up on SRND (www.cisco.com/go/srnd) is very important before deploying any large scale solution, since it's very difficult to change after.

Some things to remember:

-the phone's CSS is a combination of the line + device CSS. line CSS wins if there is a tie

-CSS can only have 256 char + 256 char, so partition names must be relatively short if you expect to include a lot of them

-you can not use filters unless you use the @ pattern

-if you are considering extension mobility, make sure to consider the device/line approach discussed in the SRND. this gives the device access to everything and denies access via 'block' statements on the line (we've used this approach).

Shout back to the forum if you have other questions.

Lelio

Don't forget to rate posts if they help you out.

Lelio - thanks..

The orginal design... the customer did not call out for a restricted partition.. so this is post install changes we are working on.

The easy work around is to remove the Unrestricted Partition from the Restricted-CSS. If they want to call the Un-restricted phones they use the PSTN local 7 digit dial plan.

extension mobility isn't required... and this site is using SP12+ phones... because they can get them for so cheap!

I was hoping there was a quick and easy solution for this.