cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RS232 Pinout for DMP4400G

bdavenpo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am looking for the pinout of the RS232 port on the 4400DMP. I am connecting this to the 232 port on a Samsung ME46B and the Samsung display comes with a dongle converting the DB9 to 3.5mm. I need to use a F-F DB9 cable to connect the DMP to the dongle, but I do not know if I need a straight thru or a null-modem. The Samsung side of the cable receives data on pin 2 and transmits data on pin 3 (looks like a modem). If the DMP transmits on pin 2 and receives on pin 3 (like a DTE or terminal side) I am good to go, but I cannot find any documentation on the pinout and direction of the DMP RS-232 interface.

Thank You

Bill Davenport

2 Replies 2

Nicolas Fournier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

It should be standard RS-232, namely:

A bug has also been opened to have this documented:

CSCta11514 Pinout diagram and information is not documented for any DMS products.

Regards,

Nicolas

jscott2
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using the 9pin to mini 3.5mm that is included with the DMP4310 on the DMP4400 to conect to the ME46 & ME55 Samsung. The pin out is in the Cisco Stadium Vision PDF on page 100.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/Sports_Entertainment/StadiumVision/Director/design/guides/3_0/SV_Video_Endpoint_DIG_3.0.pdf

I have found several of the adapters included with the Samsung monitors don't work.