cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Scripting Question

umassjsp
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at building a script that will decide between Site A or Site B skill based on Calls Waiting in que. If both skills have more than 2 calls waiting I want to send call to an alternate (third) site. Is there a way to look at "Calls Waiting" or does the Minimum Expected Delay have to be used in the Select Node.

2 Replies 2

bill.king
Level 1
Level 1

You didn't say what version of ICM or whatnot you're using, but you could do this pretty easily using a Route Select. Have the Consider If box be that the location must have 2 or less calls on hold to be considered and then the Select Min Value Box be the number of calls on hold (or whatever method you want to use in deciding where to send the call). If the call fails out of site A and B and the Route Select box entirely if both locations have 3+ calls on hold, you could have it go to site C. Hope this helps.

We are on Version 4.1 SP3. I tried to apply your suggestion using the Route Select to a Skill Group with the formula of Service_ (DNIS)_ CallsQNow and then Select Min of 2. Or should that be Max of 2? I am going to try and test that out now and see what happens if both skills have more than 2 calls waiting in which case the call should fail the route select. Thanks.