cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shared line appearances on 7914

gordon.hawkins
Level 2
Level 2

I have a receptionist who rather use the 7914 to monitor line status instead of webattendant/attendant console. I've set her up with non-ringing shared line appearances of many of the people she needs to monitor in our small office.

The problem she's having is that she is able to pickup the non-ringing lines that are on her expansion module. For instance, let's say extension 5020 is ringing on the expansion module and she picks up her handset because she wants to make a call. If she just picks up the handset without selecting a line, she just answered the ringing call on 5020.

Is there a way to lock these lines on her expansion module so that she cannot pick them up? I only need to monitor line status.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

I do not think this is possible.

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

There is a service parameter for the callmanager : Always Use Prime Line

Always Use Prime Line : This parameter specifies valid value as True or False. If the flag is set to True, when phone goes offhook or the speaker button is pressed, primary line gets chosen and becomes the active line. If a call comes in on user's second line, going offhook makes only the first line active. In this case, the user must select the second line to answer the call. If the flag is set to False, phone automatically chooses a line as active line based on the line status.

This is a required field.

Default: false.

You could try setting this to true and see if it works. I would be interested to know.

I wish Cisco would add an option to just monitor a line. It would be a great feature for the 7914's

The "Always Use Prime Line" parameter is the correct one to use -- the new behavior will be to automatically select only the first line on the phone; the remaining lines (including those on a 7914 sidecar) will need to be manually selected for inbound or outbound calls.

It is a system-wide setting, and affects all phones.