Views
Helpful
Replies

Smartnet for LIC-CUCM

khaled masri
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Expert,
Kindly, i want to know if i can extract or know the serial number for the installed LIC-CUCM from the Cisco prime license manager or from Cisco Unified CM Administration ???

My problem is that i want to order smartnet for my installed license (CON-ECMU) and i don't have the order number and the Pak/token for some licenses that already in the CUCM due to:
1- CUCM Migration
2- TAC Case
3- Not registered in my Cisco Account
4- and also its ordered from long time ago.

i don't have a problem with the new licenses because i have the order number, or the PAK/Token
i already ordered smartnet for some licenses, but i know there is some LIC-CUCM licenses without coverage because i know the total number of the licenses.
Kind Regards.

1 Reply 1

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Assuming that you are using CUCM version 10.x or 11.x (as these versions require Cisco PLM and you can still purchase new Smartnet Contract). With PLM, the license files were never fulfilled using CUCM Serial Number or MAC Address. They are fulfilled using License Fulfillment request from PLM. So, I don’t think finding CUCM Serial Number is useful.

Before CUCM 9.x, the licenses were associated with MAC Address. If you can find the old MAC Address, you can reach out to Cisco licensing team for further help.

In either case, reach out to Cisco Licensing Team to find out the way to trace these licenses. Simultaneously, reach out to your Cisco Account Manager or SE to get the help. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.