cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST and CME licensing

macdonaldmauye
Level 1
Level 1

i am doing a design on a router for a client for a remote branch. The main site has a be6k so i wanted to have the branch running on SRST so that they can be seen an extension of the main site. However i wanted the branch to be on CME first then later they migrate to SRST. On CCW do i need to configure both the CME lic and SRST lic ?? i.e SRST-EP and CME-UL licenses

2 Replies 2

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

I believe CME-SRST are combined in one license. You can enable evaluation licenses  (UCK9, CME-SRST, Security, etc.) for 60 days on your ISR. This would allow you to test the feature you want and decide what license you need. For example:

To enable the unifiedcommsK9 license
license boot module c2900 technology-package uck9

Hope This helps!

If you have the voice portion of IOS licensed on a router, CME/SRST is enabled for 25 seats automatically. These are supposed to be licensed separately, and in a production environment you should absolutely do that. This is great for a lab/demo environment though.

That said, Cisco has made noises about disabling this feature unless you use the evaluation license or a formal license. I assume at some point they will do that.

Maren