mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.1.5 on a 7837 pIII 1.2 w/ 512 MB

Brand spankin new 3.1.5 build - all patches & SP's applied

400 VM only licenses w/ 396 used up

CCM 3.3 SP a

Here's the situation (i'll do my best to be brief):

School system has a substantial menu that they want set up. They want the ability to call in from home to change the greetings (snow day, delayed opening, etc) but want the menu that follows to stay static. So i built a subscriber w/ an extension for the dynamic greeting, and build a call handler for the menu / caller input stuff.

Here's what should happen:

The Greeting for the Subscriber box plays, at the end of the greeting the call should be forwarded to the handler so the caller can pick their option and go.

WHAT HAPPENS:

The greeting plays as it should, but when the forward > handler should take place, Unity reports that she is unable to process this request at this time, says goodbye and hangs up. If i modify it to loop back on itself ( after greeting send back to greeting of said subscriber) it works. It's just with the handler that it won't work with.

Any ideas? Thoughts?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That error is real specific - the "get recipient" failure almost surely means the message recipient you have configured for your call handler B is not valid - dbWalker will point this error out to you as well but I'm betting that's what you're running into. Every call handler needs a valid recipient before it'll load properly even if it's not configured to take a message.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is most likely a case where the call handler you created doesn't have a valid recipient (on the messages page) and/or owner (on the profile page). That's just a guess but this is a fairly frequent issue - if that's not it, post the error(s) in the application event log that get written when you get the failsafe message (i.e. the "I'm sorry, Ican't talk to you now... " thing).

I'm assuming that is it as nothing was set up as a recepient. i did do the owner... just forgot that one small part.

thanks

I have assigned a valid owner to the call handler. it will not have an extension assigned to it, so that field is blank. the owner is in the ADMIN COS so it is unrestriceted. the owner also has a mailbox and extension on the server. I dial extension A set it to forward to call handler B after the greeting finishes playing. Greeting A plays & finsihes, and then attempts to forward to Handler B & it fails: Event viewer shows the following.

AvCallHandler::get_Recipient returned [0x8004010f] on line 1864 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

Running conversation PHGreeting on Port 2

and also

GetCallHandlerProperties returned [0x8004010f] on line 433 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv2\AvConvPhoneHandler\AvConvPHGreetingSvr\AvSPlayGreeting.cpp

Running conversation PHGreeting on Port 2

Any ideas?

That error is real specific - the "get recipient" failure almost surely means the message recipient you have configured for your call handler B is not valid - dbWalker will point this error out to you as well but I'm betting that's what you're running into. Every call handler needs a valid recipient before it'll load properly even if it's not configured to take a message.

my bad - problem solved. please disregard post of feb 27 '03.

one handler had an owner, but not a message delivery box. that caused the error. once i assigned it a mailbox, my baby was happy again.

thank you jeff.