Views
Helpful
Replies

TelePresence infrastructure design

Ali Bahnam
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I working on design for our corporation regarding cisco telepresence and I need your support and suggestion for the below:-

We have HQ site and 12 sites conneted via GRE Tunnel with the HQ, now I need to add CTS-1300-65-ACR and four of CTS-P42C20-K9 in addition to Cisco MCU 4505 on HQ sie.

And for the 12 site I will add EX60 endpoint video sets.

So please this Telepresence will work fine or I have to add any other devices??

Appreciate your Support and Suggestion,

Regards,

7 Replies 7

crisalex
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Ali,

I'm not 100% that I understand the full setup that you want to deploy , however if you are planning to use a CTS 1300 unit I would rather recommend you to go and use a TPS Server ( 8710  or stand alone unit 710 blade)

A complete list of documentation / features / product  brochures you can find at :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps11339/products_data_sheets_list.html

Using an MCU 4505 you will have a port limitation  of maximim 12 HD ports / 6 HD+ or full HD ports

Thank you Cristian,

I attached the design that we will go to implement.

Each site contain EX60 video conference and the HQ contains (CTS-1300 and seven CTS-P42C20) as I understood from the MCU4505 it works with all end points vendors so it must work with the CTS-1300 also.

And for the MCU4505 we can do 12 video conference on the same time only??

Thanks & Regards,

Dear Ali,

On an MCU 4505 depending on how you set the "media ports" you will have the following port capacity :

HD mode         12 Video / 12 Audio / 12 Content ports

HD+ mode       6 Video / 12 Audio / 0 Content ports

Full HD mode  6 Video / 12 Audio / 0 Content ports

1 port means 1 video screen ( one endpoint )

For example if you have an MCU in HD mode , you can have a 1 large conference with 12 Video endpoints, or 4 Conferences with 3 endpoints eac, or any other conbination, as long as you do not exceed the maximum ammount of 12 Video participants

When it comes to usign CTS 1300 , as previously mentioned I will consider using a Telepresence server 7010 or 8710 blade

Cristian

Ok Cristian,

So for the CTS-1300 it will not work with MCU4505??

Ok if I will go to buy a conference server 7010 or 8710 the other endpoints (EX60 & CTS-P42C20) will work with it.

I mean if I buy teleprecense server there is no need for the MCU4505??

Please advice,

Correct

Cristian

Cristian,

Now I'm searching on the internet for the compatibility between CTS-1300 and the MCU 4505 it is working I didn't see any document say it is not working so please if you have any supported document for me.

the result that I collect All the endpoints that I have (EX60, P42C20, and the CTS1300) can work together. for 12 Video conference only (12 Endpoints together) for example (9 EX60, 2 P42C20, and 1 CTS1300)

Appreciate your support,

Thanx

Hi Ali,

It will work with CTS1300 however you will have limitations, Also if you are planning at future time to have a screen screen device ( TX9000 for example)  you will also have limitations on this area as well.

Please consult the TPS relase notes for a deeper overview of the TPS improved interop with CTS units.

I would also suggeest to get in direct contact with your CISCO Key account Manager to get a better overview of the advantages of using TPS server instead of an MCU in a CTS endpoints deployment

Regarsd

Cristian