cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transferred Calls from PABX -> CCM dropped

jtattoo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a CCM 4.1 site which is connected to a PABX using an E1 PRI . Calls can happen to and from phones on each system, but when you try and transfer a call from a PABX phone to the CCM system the call gets dropped.

Any Idea’s ?

Many Thanks

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jared,

Here is a couple of questions;

1. Is this a blind transfer or a consult transfer?

2. Does the exact same type of transfer work from PABX phone to another PABX phone?

Some PABX's use a Transfer key that acts more like a Conference key, where the far end phone has to be answered before the Transfer key can be pushed again to complete the transfer.Maybe you are running into this type of scenario.

hth - Rob

Hi Rob

The PABX can do both blind and Consult transfers . When the user transfers from PABX phone to the IP phone , the call rings on the IP phone. When you pick up the IP phone it shows that you are on a call with the PABX phone extension. You cant hear anything on both sides and about 5 to 10 seconds later the call gets dropped and you hear an engaged tone .

PABX to PABX transfers work fine.

Thanks for the help so far

Would the Gateway config in CCM require a MRGL which contains a MTP in order to successfully complete the transfer ?

tony.saloum
Level 1
Level 1

May sound like an odd question but does your PABX allow the transfer of ibound calls to an outside line? I know the one we have here does not and prior to finding that out I was getting a pretty similar situation to what you are getting. If you don't know for sure give it a try. When you get a call comming from the PSTN try to transfer it back to another number across the PSTN. If this does not work then you can't get there from here. If you are able to transfer a PSTN call back to the PSTN then turning on some traces would be of value.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jared ..I am sure that Tony is on the right track with the external transfer angle. What type of PABX are you integrated with? With our Nortel Meridian 61c the feature Tony is referring to is called

"allow Trunk to Trunk connection". Without this enabled you can call across but not transfer as the Nortel sees the CCM as external.

Let us know how you make out.

Rob

Thanks Guys ,

I will call the PABX guys in and confirm. I will also try and do the PABX to PSTN transfer.

It is an Alcatel 4100 PABX, I dont know if you get them in the States.