Views
Helpful
Replies

Translation pattern

a.wells
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number range example 80804000 - 80805000

What i need to do is create a translation pattern for specific numbers i.e:80804001 I want to transform this number to 1111 this will be a CTI route point that will forward all calls to an ATTENDANT CONSOLE.After 1730pm I will need to forward this back to the users ext like a night switch operation.Perhaps this can be done through the sql api ?

Anyway if anyone can show me how this translation pattern works that would be great.this is what I have tried.

Translation Pattern 80804001

Partition Internal

called party tranformation 1111

I then created the CTI route point 1111 and tried to forward all to another phone this doesnt work.

Help wouldd be appreciated as this is somewhat confusing .

1 Reply 1

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the directory number 80804001 is a real phone number in your system, then it will take a bit more work to accomplish this task, this can be discussed in another thread if needed.

The key here is that the ingress device must contain a Calling Search Space that includes the partition of 'internal'. Next, make sure the translation patterns has a Calling Search Space that can reach the 1111 CTI Route Point. It's a pretty simple configuraiton. Note: if you had to create or change a Calling Search Space, then you must restart your CM's to get the new Calling Search Space in effect.

As for the time of day routing, there is nothing in the base CallManager package that will perform this task for you at this time. But as a workaround, you might consider the CRA Package. This package is the IP IVR solution that will allow you to perform called party transformations based on time of day.