cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity 4.0.1 automatic removal of configuration

scottiptel
Level 1
Level 1

I had configured alternate extension. After some time I will find that alternate extension is gone.

4 Replies 4

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The next time it happens, I'd check to see if the alternate extension is in the directory or not. E55 or E2K here?

We're having the same issue on 4.0(3). Has anyone seen this or fixed it? We use the import tool to bring the alternate extensions back in, but get quite a bit of grief from the users.

There is a ES patch that replaces a dll available from Cisco. Heres some of the info I received:

DDTs CSCec49342.

Problem Symptoms:

After adding Alternate Extensions via the Alternate Extension Adder tool or directly to the database, the alternate extensions do not appear on the user's directory record and are not recognized by networked Unity systems. Eventually they may disappear from the database altogether. Only alternate extensions are affected

Problem Description:

The component responsible for pushing database changes into the directory did not work for alternate extensions (SqlConfigSyncSvr.dll). This component is used by the Alternate Extension Adder tool as well as certain unsupported database functions.

The SA does not use this component and is unaffected.

Correcting the logic in SqlConfigSyncSvr.dll solves the problem.

Instructions:

If you have already added alternate extensions to the database, you will likely need to repeat the entire procedure to get the alternate extensions into the directory. Failing to do so will result in the alternate extensions disappearing from the database the next time the Directory Monitor updates the user in the database.

FYI to everyone, this did NOT fix our problem.