cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Upgradation on new server VM only

unity123
Level 1
Level 1

I have taken backup of unity from fulldbexport utility of 2.4.6.102, I am istalling new unity 3.1.3 server on different hardware with different server name and exchange 5.5 server in the same site as a member server. All the aliases already existing with win2k dc. I am moving all the mailboxes from old to new server. Now new server is having all the mailboxes. If I will run fulldbimport utility now will it work since all the mailboxes are already there with there aliases. Will it allow unity to create subscribers keeping the same aliases,

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

As long as the aliases are the same, you should be cool.

http://www.answermonkey.net/App_full_import_export3x.htm

"The alias is then searched for among Exchange users in the site. If a match is found, that account is imported as a Unity subscriber and is modified to match the settings on the original installation of Unity."

Keith

Is there any issues for import since exchange server name and unity server name will be changed

The FullDBImport doesn't care about the Unity server name or the domain or anything along those lines...

the user information is stuffed into SQL and then the SQLSynchServer is called which will then look for those users by directory id, RDN and finally Alias - if a match is found on any of those three criteria it'll bind to that user in the directory as the subscriber. If no match is found on any of those three criteria, a new user is created on the fly for that subscriber.