cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 5.1(3) to 7.1(2) issue

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We are in the process of upgrading a cluster to 7.1(2)...the publisher has read the upgrade disk fine but the subcriber (located @ another site) doesn't read the media..gives the following error:

Information Icon                                                                                                Errors encountered.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
The directory was located and searched but no valid options or upgrades were available. Note, a machine cannot be downgraded so option and upgrade files for previous releases were ignored.

Both servers are running the same version..they databases are in synch.  The only difference is that a dst cop file is installed on the publisher.  Could this be cause?  We are currently in the process of driving the disc that worked in the publisher to the subscriber..but I want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Thanks,

Joe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Assuming that you have verified it's the correct DVD, that it's a valid/supported upgrade path, and that the disc is readable... the other thing to note is that the subscriber will not allow you to start the upgrade process until the publisher is about 20 minutes into the upgrade (i.e. 20 minutes after it has copied the upgrade to the HDD).

I would suggest that you start the upgrade on the publisher, and tell it not to automatically nreboot at the end of the upgrade.

Then once the upgrade has completed try to read the disc again on the subscriber.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Assuming that you have verified it's the correct DVD, that it's a valid/supported upgrade path, and that the disc is readable... the other thing to note is that the subscriber will not allow you to start the upgrade process until the publisher is about 20 minutes into the upgrade (i.e. 20 minutes after it has copied the upgrade to the HDD).

I would suggest that you start the upgrade on the publisher, and tell it not to automatically nreboot at the end of the upgrade.

Then once the upgrade has completed try to read the disc again on the subscriber.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

We resolved the issue by starting the upgrade on the publisher (1st node) then driving the disk to the subscriber and running it.

Don't know if the original media would have worked with if we would have simply waited but we did successfully

upgrade the cluster.

Thanks for everyone's help,

Joe