cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Users get fast busy when trying a specific extension

mlarrimore
Level 1
Level 1

when calling a particular extension there is a fast busy tone but the number can be reach if called via the PSTN. I tried removing the number completely from CallManager and then adding it again but the same results. The number seems to be the problem but i can't find anyway to resolve this, anyone have any ideas?

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marsha,

Please try to use this method to completely remove the DN in question before trying to re-build again.

**Remove DN xxxx from all phones first;

Deleting Unassigned Directory Numbers

This section describes how to delete an unassigned directory number from the route plan report. Directory numbers get configured and removed in the Directory Number Configuration window of Cisco CallManager Administration. When a directory number gets removed from a device or a phone gets deleted, the directory number still exists in the Cisco CallManager database. To delete the directory number from the database, use the Route Plan Report window.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Route Plan > Route Plan Report.

The Route Plan Report window displays. Use the three drop-down list boxes to specify a route plan report that lists all unassigned DNs.

Step 2 Three ways exist to delete directory numbers:

a. Click the directory number that you want to delete. When the Directory Number Configuration window displays, click Delete.

b. Check the check box next to the directory number that you want to delete. Click Delete Selected.

c. To delete all found unassigned directory numbers, click Delete all Found Items.

A warning message verifies that you want to delete the directory number.

Step 3 To delete the directory number, click OK. To cancel the delete request, click Cancel.

Once you have completed this process add the DN xxxx back to the phone again (**check the Calling Search Space) and try again.

Hope this helps!

Rob

i did that also and the same thing happened still getting a busy when dialing that extension usually if a number is not in callmanager anymore you get a call can be complete.... recording but for this number a fast busy. Let me know if you have any other ideas

I always run the Dialed Number Analyzer first to diagnose these kind of issues. I am not sure what version of the CCM you are running. If it is 5.x or above you can try running the DNA at http:///dna

Check the output and post for any queries.

Hi I have CCM 4.1.3 so I don't think that tool will be available to me. Anything else i can try?

Hi Marsha,

I believe the DNA Plugin was actually added in the release of CCM 3.3(4) so it should be there for 4.1(3).

ccmadmin > Applications > Install Plugins

Check it out :)

Cheers!

Rob