cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

using a transcoder for CCM (v4.2)

regraxpto
Level 1
Level 1

On a IPCCX implementation, I got a request to use a frame-relay link to receive calls from a customer. The problem here is about codecs: IPCCX only supports only g.711 (reinstallation is needed to swap codecs) and the provider is delivering only g.729 codec calls. So, I think the best choice is doing transcoding, which is debut for me. I dont have a clue how to do it. Is it using Regions? How can I make it using a transcoder, which will be the voice gateway?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Transcoders are hardware DSPs. Depending on your infastructure components you may have some available ot you may need to add them. If you have 6608-T1/E1 blades you can use available T1/E1 ports to serve as transcoders, if you have ISR routers you may use PVDM2s, etc.

Refer to this doc for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edae3.html

In order for IPCC to utitilize them, the transcoders have to be assigned to Media Resource Group, which belongs to Media Resource Group List, which is referenced by Device Pool assigned to the CTI Ports associated with the JTAPI user.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Transcoders are hardware DSPs. Depending on your infastructure components you may have some available ot you may need to add them. If you have 6608-T1/E1 blades you can use available T1/E1 ports to serve as transcoders, if you have ISR routers you may use PVDM2s, etc.

Refer to this doc for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edae3.html

In order for IPCC to utitilize them, the transcoders have to be assigned to Media Resource Group, which belongs to Media Resource Group List, which is referenced by Device Pool assigned to the CTI Ports associated with the JTAPI user.

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris