cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VG248 ethernet is dropping

mkoci
Level 1
Level 1

I have 4 VG248s going to a C2950G-48 switch. One of the VG248s will show that it's ehternet port has reset, but the switch logs doesn't show that port going down. The switch port is set to 100/full and the VG248 is also 100/full. I've changed cables, moved to another port, and changed the speed - after which the VG248 will be stable for a couple of days, then go back to dropping the ethernet port. The other 3 VG248s haven't had this problem. I know it looks like a hardware problem on the VG248, but why wouldn't the C2950G-48 show the port dropping also? The VG248 is running 1.1(2) and the switch is running 121-6.EA2a. Thanks

Mark

4 Replies 4

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Maybe the VG248 is misbehaving without giving any indications on the wire which goes undetected by the switch.

mwheinz
Level 1
Level 1

I installed about 18 of these gateways for a customer and would see the same log message all of the time, but never had a complaint or encountered one that gave any indication of a malfunction. I quit worrying about it. Is yours actually malfunctioning or just showing this log entry?

When the ethernet drops, the feature keys quit working and I have to restart the vg248 to to make them work. No one has complained of dropped calls, so I'm guessig that the only issue is with the function keys, but that is enough. Do you lose the function keys?

Thanks

Mark

Have you tried upgrading the firmware to 1.2.1? It certainly improved a number of things for me. In particular fax/modem relay now works going to my 3660.