cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Viewmail playback to phone using wrong port

dantczak
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 3.1.4 server configured to support two CM clusters. Clauster A has first 8 ports configured for it and cluster B has last 4 ports configured for it. When a user in cluster A configures Viewmail to playback on phone they get error message that device is not found. If I monitor the ports on unity I can see Unity dialing the extension on port 12, port 12 is configured for cluster B. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

There is no way to choose which cluster Unity will dial out from. You need to have a way to route the call over an inter-cluster trunk. Is a prefix required to call between the clusters? One of the requirements of multi-cluster support is that prefixes are not required to dial between clusters because Unity is not going to be able to prefix digits on the fly. How do your call transfers work or do you not allow them?

Anyway, it possible for the client can manually add a prefix to the dial string in VMO if you need a quick workaround.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding the issue.

Thanks,

Keith

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello -

Here are a couple of things to check:

- Do you have Media Master recording-by-phone (MM) configured on any of the first 8 ports for Cluster A? These are typically allocated on the higher numbered ports, such as port 7 or port 8.

- In Outlook - Tools - ViewMail Options, does the user have the General Tab populated with the phone extension and Unity server; as well as the Playback Tab selected for phone?

- Unsure of your CallManager version, but 3.2+ has voicemail profiles that direct each user to the Unity port/extension as configured in CallManager. This is set on the user's DN configuration in the Phone Config.

Hope this helps! Ginger

MM was enabled on all 12 ports. I disabled it on ports 1-6, still had problem. Disabled it on 1-6 and 9-12 and problem temporarily solved. I say temporarily solved because as we start to populate cluster B I'm assuming we will have problem with those users.

Cluster A - CCM's 3.1.4

Cluster B - CCM's 3.3.2 spB

I have profiles on the cluster B setup for 2 different Unity boxes. I'm not exactly sure how viewmail works but I didn't think they impact the call flow at since the call is initiated by Unity to CM. I could be wrong! You know of any good technical documentation on Viewmail?

Dave

Hi Dave -

The reason I mentioned ViewMail in my earlier post is because a Unity port configured for MM is only needed when telephone record and/or playback are set up for the user's phone. From your recent post, it sounds like this was not an issue, i.e. configured correctly for the user and is working as long as you also have ports 9-12 not set for MM. You also mentioned something that confused me, you said the voicemail profiles on cluster B are setup for 2 different Unity boxes. Does that mean you currently only have Cluster A configured for the Unity server to which you are having problems? Here's why I'm asking - I'm wondering if your Cisco TSP wave drivers on the Unity server are configured correctly. For example, the server settings for Cluster A and the port names should match exactly (in name and number) what you have coded in your CallManager for cluster A.

Best wishes, Ginger