Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice call WAN/PSTN alternates

6rdold
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have two CCME routers connected via 64k serial X and Y. Each router has a connection to the PSTN via an FXO port. The preference is to call over the WAN and this works great.

If I want to call from X and break out to the PSTN at Y all works fine until the FXO port is already in use, Y dosn`t notify X that the port is in use or disconnected, and the call instead of going via X's PSTN is just dropped.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks

Ross

2 Replies 2

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can run "preference x" command under voip and pots dial-peer on X CME. Preference 1 under voip dial-peer pointing to Y CME for calls out to FXO line from X CME. Preference 2 for pots dial-peer at X CME for calls to pstn over local FXO line.

that way if the calls via Y CME's FXO line is not successful (because of FXO line at Y is busy or disconnected" next dial-peer will be tried with preference 2 for the same destination-pattern.

Thanks for the reply

I am using the preference commmand, however the call tries to go out the remote routers FXO and when it fails the local router does not choose the local FXO. But if I disconnect the serial then the preference for the local FXO works fine.