cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

voice Debug commands on a vg224

ppellettiere
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue on a fax server connected to a 1035 brooktrout modem card.

When the user dials an outside line beginning 9 952 XXXX the modem dials an inside

line 1952X. This only happens with 9 952 number.

What debug can I use on the vg224 to give me the exact digits dialed?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Vinny Carrion
Level 1
Level 1

The digits are sent to CUCM for routing decisions before going to the gateway so to see exactly what was dialed and matched I would go with an RTMT trace and query the Calling Number which would be the DN assigned to the Fax Line.

Open that up in Translator X and locate the call in question. Inspect that and look for "dd='9" That should get you in the right area and from there you can see what else is typed and then what is matched.

dustinn3
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a solution to this issue?  I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure it out.  We use 8 for outside, but for some reason it occasionally dials 181X where X is the start of the Area Code and it matches an extension.  I've checked the fax server and it shows it's dialing 81XXX-XXX-XXXX and the call traces show 181X as button presses.  I've opened tickets with both vendors and the fax vendor says they're sending the correct digits and Cisco says they are receiving the 181 from the fax vendor.  

We always run the debug vtp messages command on the analog voice gateway to see what is happening with the ports.

I did that as well as looking at the trace logs and it appears to be a fax server issue to me as it shows that's what's being dialed.  It appears it's dialing a 1 in front of the outside access code, then it fails so it retries without it on the second attempt.  I couldn't convince the vendor that's what was happening so I just setup a new partition and put the fax lines in it and only allowed it to call the PSTN.