Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice Mail Pilot

tarun.pahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

We received a PRI from Verizon with only 20 DID phone numbers (temporary) until we switch are existing PRI to the new sustem. We also purchased a cisco unity license for 300 users 32 ports with failover.

My question is this:

for unity voice mail ports i need telephone numbers, atleast 64 of them as i have 32 in primary and 32 in failover. But i only have 20 from verizon and would like to use those number for actual phones who need DID.

can i choose the VM pilot number from one of the DID numbers and choose the remaining 63 from a fictious block. It would work for people within the company at any time, the problem is that when someone is dialing from PSTN to check voice mail, how will he able to get to voice mail (pilot would forward that number to a fictious number).

any workaround would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Tarun,

I would you can achive this as follows.

Create a dummy voicemail pilot lets say 1000 .Add the dummy voicemail ports from 1000 to <> depending on how many ports you want.Lets say 1000 to 1064.You can do the integration with these numbers etc.Now for using VM from outside you need one DID .For that create a translation pattern .Lets say you have th DID as 7000 you can create a DID as 7000 and do a called party transformation as 1000.So any call coming on 7000 will be sent to the voicemail.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika