cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail on Jabber application

Faisal.Saoud
Level 3
Level 3

When the user login to Jabber successfully, the application requests from the user to enter the voicemail credentials, Is there any way to make the first login include also voicemail login?

6 Replies 6

If you have set up the voicemail as a "UC Service" in CUCM, when you add that service to the Service Profile to be used by the Jabber client there is a selection for "Unified CM - IM and Presence".

This will cause the Jabber client to authenticate itself to the voicemail server with the same credentials it used to authenticate itself to the CUCM server. It does require, therefore, that the user has the same username/password on both systems. This is especially useful if you have both CUCM and CUC integrated (Synchronization and Authentication) via LDAP.

VM.jpg

Maren

We have integrated only CUCM with LDAP however users on CUC were imported through AXL from CUCM, Does it work?

Possibly it could work if you set authentication on the CUC to be LDAP so that both CM and CUC uses the same authentication mechanism. However I’m not sure on this.

This would imply that the user names in CUC would be the same as the user names used in CM, aka in reality the same as what is setup to be used in CM for the LDAP synchronisation.

Response Signature

In CUCM, only LDAP-synched accounts are included in LDAP-auth and I thought the same was true in CUC. I'm going to set this up in my lab and see...

Maren

You can very well be right. I’m thinking out loud.

Response Signature

Hi, I just tested this on my lab server.

CUC user must be integrated via CUC LDAP Directory and authentication should be coming from CUC LDAP to have the voicemail credentials to be automatically logged in.