cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VOIP monitoring issues. MCS 7845

mbandw
Level 1
Level 1

Enabled 2nd NIC to put in an rspan port. Gave it an ip address, Now if I ping the localhost name it resolves to the monitor ip address. In call mgr. it also registered the CTI ports with the monitor ip address. I followed the instructions in the ICD 4.5.5 install guide. However the guide says to use a route command to infuence traffic, I must have done it wrong because I still have same thing. When trying to monitor a box pops up and says can't connect to extenxion:xxxx, I'm assuming my problem is why I can't monitor. Thanks

Steve

3 Replies 3

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

See the attached doc. You need to change the bindings order, put your

That worked thanks. BUt now I am getting this message in the event viewer. Any ideas??

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco Desktop VoIP Monitor Server

Event Category: None

Event ID: 5

Date: 4/10/2004

Time: 8:14:49 PM

User: N/A

Computer: MBWIPC01

Description:

FCVMS112 splk_pcap_open_live() failed. errorBuf = Error opening adapter: The handle is invalid.

Hi,

This indicates the NIC card is down that is used for VoIP monitoring or the registry entry for it is not set correctly.

I have used my NIC Hardware address as a example, replace it with theirs. The network card number in following path will depend on which NIC is being used for VoIP monitor.

Get the MAC entry for the NIC Card from: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Microsoft->Windows NT->CurrentVersion->NetworkCards->1->ServiceName

Mine is = {C96E85FA-7214-4D71-8B9F-19B7C97F44F5}

Set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->SOFTWARE->Spanlink->FastCall VoIP Monitor Server->Setup->MONTITOR DEVICE

to \Device\Packet_{C96E85FA-7214-4D71-8B9F-19B7C97F44F5}

For CRS 3.1(1)and above its \Device\Splkpc_{C96E85FA-7214-4D71-8B9F-19B7C97F44F5}

Check out the following URL for more information...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/cad_inst.pdf

Regards

Yogi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: