cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What feature will failed if Publisher failed?

chan-kuen.hui
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

My network has a 2 x CallManager Server (one is publisher and the other is subscriber).

When the publisher down, I found some service is failed (e.g. call forwarding).

What IP phone service will not function when publisher failed? Also, is there any document or URL from cisco talk about this?

Thanks.

C.K.

9 Replies 9

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

If the publisher fails then your IP Phone Services (Services button on IP Phone) won't work. You cannot make any changes to CCM config. Your call forwarding should work!

You said that you found call forwarding to fail, so what happens when a call is not answered, and call forward no answer is set to go to another number (say voicemail), does it just keep ringing or caller gets a fast busy? Were the phones registered to the Publisher prior to the publisher going down? Does it happen for all phones, phones that were registered to the subscriber when publisher was up?

Finally what version of CCM?

Partha,

When PUB is down Call Forward All wont work as they got stored in the PUB.

Thnaks,

Arijit

I believe the forwarding tables are stored both on subscriber and publisher. We had an issue with forwarding table corruption on subscriber, and Cisco TAC suggested a subscriber reboot to clear the forwarding table on subscriber. That resolved the issue.

Arijit,

Can you reference me any link which states forwarding infor is stored *only* on publisher?

Thanks,

Partha

Hi Partha,

I guess the Call Forward ALL requires DB writes (like CFwdAll, Call back etc).So if the PUB is down the master DB is down so we can write on the Master DB.

I dont have any link that refers to what I am saying but I was under the impression that PUB holds the master DB which does a transactional replication to the SUB DBs in one direction only.

Please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks,

Arijit

If PUB is down, you cannot CFAll the phones because it required DB write, but if the CFAll is already configured (when PUB was up), then this would be replicated to subscriber, and take effect even if PUB goes down.

Thanks,

Partha

Partha,

Agreed. I think I was trying to say the same thing. When PUB is down CFwdAll doent work which means you cant set CFwdAll with the offline PUB.

Now give me a Smile :)

Arijit

correct, we had the same and I resolved it by restarting callmanager service..

-------

when pub is down, no changes can be made at all, as said earlier

your cfwall will work if it was set but setting or removing it is a change which needs a DB write too...

Extension Mobility wont work also. Correct me if I am wrong.

The best of solution to back up Publisher in case of one your harddrive fail. Buy a exact harddrive, pull one out, push one in, thats will do duplication of everything.

Yes.

Extension Mobility is failed. I cannot login or logout the Phone when Publisher failed.

And I cannot change Call Forward ALL setting too.

C.K.