cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wrong CD's in the DL320 CallMgr 4.1 package

nathan.a.reeves
Level 1
Level 1

Just received my call manager cd's today and found that the CD's are OS version 2000.2.7a yet the documentation refers to 2000.4.1. I've tried using the HArdware detection disk on the server (HP DL320 G3) and it reports the hardware is unsupported. For reference, the product number is CM4.1-K9-DL320.

Does it look like I've got the wrong CD's for the OS installation?

6 Replies 6

mshavrov
Level 1
Level 1

As I remember, they ship both sets of OS CDs - 2000.2.7 and 2000.4.1. Some CDs are relly CDs, but some are DVDs. Sort them carefully...

Good luck,

Mike

www.ciscoheadsetadapter.com

f-castelino
Level 1
Level 1

You might have received the IBM server detection CDs instead of HP. We experienced this last month - got HP hardware detection CD FOR os 2000.4.1 instead of IBM. If that's the case, call customer support. Not TAC.

I got a CCM server the other day with only one OS DVD, 2000.4.1, and it had hardware detection and everything else on it. Maybe there is one like that in your box too...

Dragi

allan.wells
Level 3
Level 3

We have exactly the same problem yesterday we have MCS 7825 G3 and they shipped the 2000.2.7a CD's when we needed 2000.4.1.

I looked at the Doco that came with the CD's and it clearly shows the CD's don tsupport the MCS 7825 G3 3.4ghz machines.

This is bad news ! As it has thrown the Project out of wack.

Allan,

Try to contact your AM or SE to see if they can get you a copy of the HW detection cd.

Otherwise try to contact TAC and see if they may upload the cd image and you can download it via ftp.

Its surprising the 7835 G3s are supported by 2000.2.7 cd's while the 7825's are not.

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus