Views
Helpful
Replies

Object creation logs in ACI

rohandec1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

How can i find object creation logs in ACI. I am trying to find when a particular object (EPG, VRF etc) was created.

I tried audit logs but this lists only changes made to an object.  The "events" tab also doesnt list anything.

Regards

Rohan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rohandec1980 

I do not think the version is the problem - I am running 3.2 train release as well. 

I believe that the creation log was overwritten if the object was created long time ago. In the end, there is a configurable limit of preserved logs. You can modify it in Admin > Historical Record Policies > Controller Policies > Controller Audit Log Retention Policy  and increase the value of Maximum size (records).

If you create a new EPG, do you see the creation log?

Stay safe,

Sergiu

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Rohan,

wasn't sure so just checked myself.

Couldn't find a thing..
Was looking through the files via CLI,
even there in the summary-file for a MO, you just see a field "modTs" which is the timestamp of the last modification.

Nothing found on when objects were actually created..

Sorry
Juls

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @rohandec1980 

You should see the creation event in the Audit logs

create.jpg

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Thanks a lot Segiu, Juls.

I cannot see object creation logs under Auditlogs. Auditlogs only show modification to an object. I am running 3.2(1m) code,

Is there any modification/configuration required to default auditlogs setup for it to start recording events related to object creation?

Regards

Rohan

Hi @rohandec1980 

I do not think the version is the problem - I am running 3.2 train release as well. 

I believe that the creation log was overwritten if the object was created long time ago. In the end, there is a configurable limit of preserved logs. You can modify it in Admin > Historical Record Policies > Controller Policies > Controller Audit Log Retention Policy  and increase the value of Maximum size (records).

If you create a new EPG, do you see the creation log?

Stay safe,

Sergiu

Hi Sergiu

You are right, i see the logs for new EPG creation in auditlogs.

Regards

Rohan

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card