Views
Helpful
Replies

RPS 2300 is Not Showing in 2911 Routers "show inventory"

SuhaibElziq
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

We have installed RPS 2300 devices on our Data Center during the maintenance window we have connected different devices to the RPSs.

Everything is working, and we were able to check the connected RPSs using "show inventory" command.

After while we were not able to see the RPSs using "show inventory" on two of our 2911 routers, although the are working fine and we are able to see them on other 2911 devices.

Attached to this case you can find screen shots for both scenarios.

As far I found that this is abnormal behavior "Bug" on different router models, and the first troubleshooting step was to reload the devices. So shall I reload the devices? or does anyone have a different idea!!

Thanks in advance.

Suhaib

3 Replies 3

Rick1776
Level 5
Level 5
I've run into this before, it's considered a cosmetic bug. There are also other bugs that run into the 2900 series and RPS. You could try updating the IOS to a newer version, but to me it's not worth it unless you are monitoring the hardware through some type of management software.

Please see the below.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvc78249/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

I have been reading about such cosmetic bugs, and updating the device to a newer version may and may not solve such behavior. 

The only advise I found is to reload the boxes, but it is not a reasonable solution.

I know sorry I wish I could be the bearer of better news. I run into this a lot in the Nexus line.