cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP querey of SYSNAME results in truncation of hostname + FQDN to 32 characters

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I have a customer using a Cisco collector, and they have noticed their N9Ks' host names are being cut off after 32 characters. I found several bug IDs that are similar to this issue but all are for older versions of OS, they are running 7.0(3)I1(1), 7.0(3)I1(1b) on these Chassis: N9K-C9372TX, N9K-C9332PQ, N9K-C9372PX.

Can someone indicate if a recent bug has been opened for this issue that I may have missed, or perhaps verify the configuration and validity of this issue? The vrf context management configuration seems to control the output based on the attached troubleshooting document.

Thank you,

Josh

2 Replies 2

duyktran1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Josh, 

Not sure if you're still running into this issue.

I have ran into a similar issue today and the solution that work me was to removed "ip domain-name". Please find the below outputs for more detail information. Thank you,

abcd-efgh-ijk-lm-nop-sw1(config)# hostname ?
  WORD  Enter switchname (Max Size 32)

abcd-efgh-ijk-lm-nop-sw1(config)# sh hostname
abcd-efgh-ijk-lm-nop-sw1.cisco.com

abcd-efgh-ijk-lm-nop-sw1(config)# no ip domain-name cisco.com

abcd-efgh-ijk-lm-nop-sw1(config)# show hostname
abcd-efgh-ijk-lm-nop-sw1

Duy

Hello Duy,

Thanks for the update, though I an no longer working with this customer, they preferred to leave the ip domain-name configuration in place. A new bug was opened for this issue and a previous bug for older code was updated to include the new OS version as well.

Regards,

Josh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: