cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6009 - MSFC

lcoles
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 6009 core router. The MSFC is running on 12.1(19)E1 software. I would like to upgrade since this is very old software. I don't have much experience with the 6009. This router has two parts the MSFC and the switch as I'm sure you all know. Do I need to upgrade both parts or just the MSFC? How can I tell what features this software has so I can be sure to download the correct software? Any help would certainly be appreciated. Laurie Coles

2 Replies 2

Bobby Thekkekandam
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Laurie,

You don't have to upgrade both the supervisor and the MSFC. You can always upgrade one and not the other.

To find what features a given version of IOS has, the best place to refer to is the Release-notes. All memory, hardware, and other requirements can also be found here.

For 12.1E for the MSFC, you can find them here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/relnotes/ol_2309.htm

HTH,

Bobby

Bobby

My understanding of the original post seems like they were asking about what feature set when they asked about matching features.

If I am correct that the question is what features are in the feature set of the current version so that they can choose an appropriate feature set in the new version, then the easy way to determine the feature set is to look at the output of show version. In the file name is a code which identifies the feature set. Once you know which feature set you are currently using then you choose a feature set in the new version with similar features.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick