cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Back-to-back ADSL / G.SHDSL.

j.vanrooyen
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to run two ADSL or G.SHDSL. routers back-to-back ?

A customer has two sites which he would like to connect with maximum data rate as he has a line between them , the line however is not clocked at either end and is only a single pair copper.

Is it possible to connect an ADSL / G.SHDSL router at either end and and have one supply the clocking ?

I would simulate in lab but I do not have ADSL / G.SHDSL routers available. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dnagarajachary
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You can run two SHDSL routers connected back-to-back.

At one end of the router you should give the equipment type as CO and the other end as CPE.

Also the dsl line rate at one end should be auto and the other end should be any other values like 2312 etc

Also the pvc you define, should be same on both routers.

For ADSL, I am not sure, u can run back to back since there is no concept of equipment type. But you can run back to back going via DSLAM.

-Deepu

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dnagarajachary
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You can run two SHDSL routers connected back-to-back.

At one end of the router you should give the equipment type as CO and the other end as CPE.

Also the dsl line rate at one end should be auto and the other end should be any other values like 2312 etc

Also the pvc you define, should be same on both routers.

For ADSL, I am not sure, u can run back to back since there is no concept of equipment type. But you can run back to back going via DSLAM.

-Deepu

Thx , Deepu