cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuration management tool

mstreet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Does anyone know of a way to send a set of commands to hundreds of routers. My understanding is that ciscoworks can only send one command at a time.

Also, does anybody know of a good way of comparing configurations across a network to a standard to check for typos etc?

Thanks

Mike

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

NetConfig or ConfigEditor can be used for this.

I also use Custom reports to look for configurations that do not conform to our standard config. Specifically I look for security vulnerabilities etc..

You can use this to query all devices, but you may need to write multiple reports.

HTH

I also use Custom reports to look for configurations that do not conform to our standard config. Specifically I look for security vulnerabilities etc..

You can use this to query all devices, but you may need to write multiple reports.

HTH

DAVID NOONAN
Level 1
Level 1

When you set up a job in CiscoWorks it will open sessions to multiple routers simultaneously if you have "parallel execution" enabled. It's a check box on the next to last (last?) screen when you configure the job.

Having not had much luck with CiscoWorks I frequently use a Perl script to telnet to a batch of routers and enter commands.

-- Dave

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card