cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

frame-relay configuration problem

osam
Level 1
Level 1

I am studing for my CCIE LAB, I am experiencing a problem in configuting FR in HUB-SPOKE topology..

I have the classic problem of the HUB being able to reach all SPOKEs, but SPOKES can not reach each other.

I have already created PVCs in the HUB to each SPOKE. Only one PVC is created in the SPOKE to the HUB though.

Here is the tricky part, I need to be able to ping the SPOKEs from any other SPOKE without creating any more PVCs in any of the SPOKEs.

The scenario states "The problem can be solved with multiple frame map ip statements, but that is not the solution we want, instead, solve the problem with routing not layer 3 to layer 2 mapping".

Any help?

5 Replies 5

alton.thompson
Level 1
Level 1

route-map and acl

for example.

access-list 100 host x.x.x. host y.y.y.y

route-map next-hop

match ip address 100

!

Apply ACL to the interface the packet is going to.

Second, for packet or traffic generated locally by the router.

ip local policy-map next-hop, at global configuration mode.

Yes, I tried route-map before in my solution but did not work.. I was missing "ip local policy-map" to enable policy routing.. I just put it and saw the packets flowing... :)

Thanks!

umarzoli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

the statement is the answer. Enable a layer 3 routing protocol like EIGRP on all routers and it will work. Include the transfer networks in the "network" statement and enable also "no auto-summary".

That's it. Good luck!

regards Ulrich Marzoli

www.netaid.de

Must be point-to-multipoint frame since point-to-point with sub-interfaces would work out of the box. I guess sub-interface means layer 2 to layer 3 mapping just like static frame maps and that's not allowed?

Phil

doug.lockwood
Level 1
Level 1

If I had to guess, one of the link state protocols creates host routes in one of the network types, which should allow spoke to spoke reachability with a minimum of fuss.

For distanca vector protocols, multiple map statements and dealing with split horizon issues are required.

Good luck,

Doug

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: