Helpful
Replies

AAA not authenticating via GUI to RADIUS server

end2endtechs
Level 1
Level 1

MARS 6.0.1

RADIUS - IAS

I've configured AAA in MARS and it works when I test it. When I log out and back in to the GUI with my RADIUS credentials. MARS doesn't seem to even try to send the authentication request to the RADIUS server and I get a "login failure" error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

For both Local or AAA authentication methods, GUI access is prevented (locked) for an account upon login failure, which occurs when a specified number of incorrect password entries are made for a single login name.

The maximum number of password attempts before locking is set by the Maximum Login Failures parameter in the Account Lockout Policy box of the AAA configuration page (Admin > System Setup > Authentication Configuration). The default setting is 5 attempts. By setting the Account Lockout Policy to Never Lock, the administrator can disable GUI locking for all accounts, but not specific accounts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: