Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

Is it just me or did the port #’s disappear from the syslog when converting from conduits to access-lists? Those port #’s were invaluable information. I’m currently at version 5.1.2. Can anyone tell me if you get the port #’s back in a higher revi...

nagle by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Sorry if this is somewhere in the documentation but we can't find anything helpful.We have put out Netranger sensors behind a firewall doing NAT and have set the default gateway on the sensors to be the Firewall. The sensors can ping out and telnet o...

gpoer by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a PIX 515 running 5.3(1) with 4 DMZ ports. I have a machine off of one of the DMZ's that I want to allow only specific addresses to FTP to that machine from the Internet. Is that possible? How would I do that?Thank you!Susana Wraight

wraights by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I understand that FTP leaves a Security hole because of its nature of starting two coneections, control and data.What would be the best method of doing FTP to a server on the internet from the inside network behind the firewall.Is proxy the best solu...

javedmma by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hey We are designing a solution based on Internet VPN, but are worried about security issues on connecting thru the internet. We have looked at things like tunnelling, having a hardware based security solutions or may be software based like checkpoi...

jagat by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a access list set up: access-list 11 permitx.x.1.0 0.0.0.255. Would I like to know is if Ineed to apply the Access list to the interface as inbound or outbound.I want to prevent anyone coming in from the Internetto my Lan. I only have one netw...

eviliunas by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Who can tell me what is the best way to physically connect a Proxy server into my LAN. I have two LANS connected with a WAN link. I have internet traffic as well as Inter-LAN Traffic passing the WAN link. How do I do the physical connection of the Pr...

I experienced that the signature 3050 is firing if SYN requests followed by SYN/ACK packets are logged (traditional Half Open SYN attack), or if only SYN packets are received (service down). There is no subsignature to distinguish between both proble...

pheuch by Level 1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

What is Cisco's position on using SSH on the IDS Sensor Appliances (supported, no support)? I would rather have SSH running to allow the use of sftp rather than ftp to copy logs. I'm sure if it's not a part of the sensor software, it is probably un...

rossr by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have 2 515's setup in a stateful failover config. I have dedicated interfaces connected with a crossover cable used for the stateful interface. However my outside interfaces keep trying to exchange ?hello? packets and it is triggering the PIX-IDS...

timtron by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Top Solution Authors