Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

“Webinar

Forum Posts

Early December there was indication that the temporary application "Cisco Threat Response" was to be replaced with a lite/free (no word on what Cisco is to call it) verson of VMS to run on Windows only. Then it was to be late December and now by mid ...

david.d by Level 1
  • 10 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

We have a pair of 525 configured for stateful failover. Recently we had a failover, and found that after the fail - some ACL items were in different locations - as in a bottom "deny all" ended up in the middle. Not good. We save the config to flas...

rsommer by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

i cant seem to log on to my 1720 router again. it is only giving me the Rommon prompt.and ive tried using the confgreg 0X214 to boot to the normal. but he keep on loading to rommon prompt help!!!!

bajiboye by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Can FWSM on a catalyst 6500 act as routing redirects to a router on a same vlan the packet come in?I have a custome that has FWSM as def gtw for users on a vlanX . To reach another lan trought a router on vlanx the user point to def gtw ( fwsm) but i...

Does anyone know if Cisco has a signature out there that can pinpoint the netsky virus? I am not well versed at creating my own signatures yet, but I do know that they come in on port 389 (LDAP). Any ideas?ThanksDwane

dpatkins by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,Is there any way where I can send all logged events of IDS 4230 to 3rd party syslog server the way we do in Pix firewall by logging onlogging host inside a.b.c.dlogging trap debuggingthere is ciscoworks VMS and IDS director to manage all this but ...

haleemk by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

GentlemanI had a PIX firewall at a former customer running version 6.2.2. I used to sometimes set up SSH to the outside interface so that TAC folks could get access to the box.I just purchased a 515 box running version 6.3.1. i dont see any options...

Hello Everyone,I know this is only an "informational" Sig but it has helped me locate chatty worms, et al chattiness.I want to reconfigure this signature to ignor outbound port 80. There are just too many ads and banner ads server on the internet (w...

ddinh by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes