cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setup for the IDS-4210 Sensor

leungpokit
Level 1
Level 1

I am the Cisco user and this is my first time to use your poduct IDS-4210 Sensor.i have followed your instructions step by step from the document.Unforunately,in the part of initial configuration utility step 6 (communications Infrastructure ),I am not sucessfully to do it and the computer shows an error statement (Could not create /usr/nr/etc/eventd.conf).i have been experiencing this problem long time.Could you send me some informantion and help me to tackle this problem.I would appricate should you help me solve this problem.

3 Replies 3

kleem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like the default permissions/ownership of the IDS files has been altered. If you have another Sensor that is operating correctly, you might examine the ownership/permissions on the working Sensor (everything in the /usr/nr directory) and make the appropriate modifications on the Sensor that you are having problems with. This will be rather tedious and error prone. A more sure fire way of resolving the problem would be to re-image the Sensor.

However, we have not got the recoverary CD.

So, only we can do is try to overcome this problem.

In our campus only have this sensor, moreover, all the tutors are don't know how to set up the IDS.

I want to ask is that related to the TFTP server?

The sensor always said:

Communications Infrastructure

Making sure the IDS daemons are stopped before creating the configuration

files...

Creating configuration files...

cp: cannot create /usr/nr/etc/eventd.conf: Read-only file system

ERROR: Could not create /usr/nr/etc/eventd.conf

#

It seems related to the file system, isn't it?

jmondaca
Level 1
Level 1

I don´t really understand your problem. If you could explain more please will be better.