Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi VRF over PPPoA

wanstor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm looking for a bit of guidance on a topology/technology to fit a customer requirement.  They would like to run credit card data and internal data over a single DSL line for their sites.  We put all of our PPPoA customers into their own VRF but PCI requirments mean that they need to be separated.  I've been looking for ways to run multiVRF over PPPoA but haven't found much at all.  Is this possible at all and if not is there a better way of keeping the traffic separate throughout the SP network?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

You can create two vrfs on the CPE and create two loopback interfaces on the CPE and create two tunnel interfaces each in different vrf and then on the aggregation point create two tunnel endpoints in respective vrfs. This way your only use PPPoa link for creating tunnels and they remain separated using vrfs

Please let me know if this works for you.

HTH
Hitesh

Pls rate useful posts

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Hitesh Vinzoda
Level 4
Level 4

You can create two vrfs on the CPE and create two loopback interfaces on the CPE and create two tunnel interfaces each in different vrf and then on the aggregation point create two tunnel endpoints in respective vrfs. This way your only use PPPoa link for creating tunnels and they remain separated using vrfs

Please let me know if this works for you.

HTH
Hitesh

Pls rate useful posts

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: