Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Subscriber Manager DB.

Hi,

I was installing two Subscriber Manager with Veritas Cluster Server. The installation is ok, the problem is when I try to import subscribers database of other SM that are currently in production.

Once that I load database on the active Subscriber Manager and I try to import the output is following:

[pcube@sm04 ~]$ p3subsdb --import -f 201105271200.csv

Validating subscribers file ... 100% Validation found 992373 subscribers

Importing subscribers ... 100% Error - Failed to import from /opt/pcube/201105271200.csv

java.sql.SQLException: [TimesTen][TimesTen 7.0.5.2.0 ODBC Driver][TimesTen]TT0802: Data store space exhausted -- file "blk.c", lineno 3219, procedure "sbBlkAlloc"

[pcube@sm04 ~]$

Then, If I want to see the subscribers loaded in the SM:

[pcube@sm04 ~]$ p3db --num-of-subs

There are 444416 subscribers in the DB

Command terminated successfully

[pcube@sm04 ~]$

Only are loaded 444416 and not the complete database.

The replication schema is working fine, in standy SM the output is the same.

I hope your answers,

Thanks!.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Yes please change those values ("database_perm_size" and "database_temp_size") and remember to reload the server (cold boot) and the issue should reslove.

Working with Veritas does not have anything to do with it. Veritas is only providing redundancy. The issue is with the buffer memory for the subscribers.

Shelley.

View solution in original post

Great! Please mark th thread as resolved and rate any responses that helped.

Regards

Shelley.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Shelley Bhalla
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Jaime,

This error usually comes when you dont have your max # of subscribers configured correctly or the temp memory is not set.

Not sure of version or platform but follow the attached guide and focus on the memory/subscriber settings and verify them for me once. Focus on the "Installation Procedures" section.

Regards

Shelley.

Thanks Shelley,

Regarding to the servers, these are RedHat Linux and SM version is 3.6.5. The max # of subscriber was setting in 1000000 on p3sm.cfg.

Reading the pdf file I can see that "database_perm_size" and "database_temp_size" not was modified for me in installation procedure, these are with default values.

Could be that my problem?. These values can be modified with SM already installed?.

Remember that this solution is working with Veritas Cluster Server.

Regards,

Jaime.

Yes please change those values ("database_perm_size" and "database_temp_size") and remember to reload the server (cold boot) and the issue should reslove.

Working with Veritas does not have anything to do with it. Veritas is only providing redundancy. The issue is with the buffer memory for the subscribers.

Shelley.

I did the changes in "database_perm_size" and "database_temp_size" and now it works fine.

To make those changes, I had to add the following:

From “root” shutdown to TimesTen daemon

/opt/pcube/lib/tt/TimesTen/pcubesm22/startup/ tt_pcubesm22 stop

vi /var/TimesTen/sys.odbc.ini

PermSize=768

TempSize=256

From “root” startup to TimesTen daemon

/opt/pcube/lib/tt/TimesTen/pcubesm22/startup /tt_pcubesm22   start

and then reboot servers.

Thank you very much!

Great! Please mark th thread as resolved and rate any responses that helped.

Regards

Shelley.