Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SCE MGSCP design.

Hi all,

Currently we have one SCE8000 wich is implemented with following cheme:  ASR9000 -> SCE -> ASR9000

We want to buy second SCE. Classical MGSCP design requires SCE single ASR9000 with SCE ports in different VRFs.

Is it possible to save current cheme with 2 SCEs? i.e.

-> SCE ->

ASR9000                  ASR9000

-> SCE ->

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I guess there are ways to configure it :o), just ensure somehow that outgoing and incoming traffic for the same subscriber goes through the same SCE box.

If you use ether-channel load-balancing (bundle interface), one ASR has to use balancing based on sourceIP and another ASR based on destinationIP (basically, always use subscriber IP for ether-channel load-balancing hash).

It should resemble to this example, but vrf "core" and "access" are  two separate ASR boxes in your scenario: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-1/interfaces/configuration/guide/hc41asr9kbook/hc41lbun.html#wp1044287

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jasmina27s
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I guess there are ways to configure it :o), just ensure somehow that outgoing and incoming traffic for the same subscriber goes through the same SCE box.

If you use ether-channel load-balancing (bundle interface), one ASR has to use balancing based on sourceIP and another ASR based on destinationIP (basically, always use subscriber IP for ether-channel load-balancing hash).

It should resemble to this example, but vrf "core" and "access" are  two separate ASR boxes in your scenario: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/asr9k_r4-1/interfaces/configuration/guide/hc41asr9kbook/hc41lbun.html#wp1044287

Thank you!

I assumed so too. But I needed opinion from knowing people.

Thanks again!